- Sector: Engineering and Technical
- Specialism: Engineering Management
- Location: Glasgow
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: R0012372
Software Engineering Manager
Thales teams deliver cutting-edge solutions to armed forces the world over. We are Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics and a leading provider of integrated air defence systems. But our people don’t just work with incredibly advanced technology. The armoured vehicles we build can resist the full force of improvised explosive devices, while our avionics solutions control some of the world’s most iconic military aircraft. Together, our people make the world safer.
Key tasks and accountabilities
You will be involved with the estimation, analysis, design, implementation, test, debugging and qualification of software systems in a real time, embedded, safety related environment.
Technical and Professional Skills
- Real-time embedded Software Engineering (C++ preferred)
- Experience of a range of RTOSs, platforms and of the hardware/software interface
- Experience of a range of development environments
- IBM Rational Rhapsody/C++
- Experience of hardware/software interface and debug
- Experience of developing communications protocols (RS232, RS485, Ethernet, TCP/IP)
- Experience of developing to standards in a safety-related environment (DEFSTAN 00-55/00-56, IEC 61508, DO178B or similar)
- Familiarity with agile development and CI practices
- Testing software to high levels of integrity and coverage, using both static and dynamic testing
This is an exciting opportunity to join a world class, global organisation.
Together We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss with your Resourcing Business partner.