We're looking for a Legal Counsel to join us in Edinburgh
- You'll support the Head of Lending & Projects within the Commercial Banking Legal team to deliver the legal strategy and to discharge effective second line of defence responsibilities
- In this exciting role, you'll work with stakeholders and legal colleagues to ensure the timely, effective and efficient delivery of all work, including projects and initiatives
- You'll have the opportunity to work alongside key stakeholders including the Non-Personal Product teams, the Lending Processing teams, project leads and regulatory and control functions
What you'll do
You'll be providing expert legal advice and support to the Commercial business across a range of transformation, regulatory and other strategic projects. You'll manage external advisers and other stakeholders in delivering astute legal advice, and will support the Non-Personal Products team in the management and development of lending products and processes.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
- Managing external advisers, delivering expert, cost effective legal advice that's easy to understand, commercial and manages legal risks appropriately
- Communicating internal and external legal advice, and providing input on transactions and projects
- Managing legal costs through the use of auctions and other cost tools, promoting a culture of cost efficiency and robust controls
- Supporting the Head of Lending & Projects to deliver the legal strategy
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you'll need knowledge of general banking and financial services law and practice ,and will have experience of working with leading law firms and other professional advisers or consultants.
We'll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- Experience advising on legal and regulatory strategies
- The ability to build and maintain strong working relationships, gaining the respect of senior executives as well as colleagues and other professional contacts
- An ability to face off to the business in an influential and impactful way
- Drafting and research skills and the ability to recognise issues of strategic, legal and reputational importance
- Knowledge of lending and commercial banking and their related laws and regulations
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.