- Sector: HR, Training and Recruitment
- Location: Uddingston
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 256407
Job Specification - Finance Manager/ Project Accountant
Reporting to: Senior Finance Manager
Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. With 75,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India this is an exciting prospect for anyone looking to join Capita as it opens many doors in terms of progression opportunities in a range of sectors
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Qualified Finance Manager based in our Tannochside office but with flexibility to work across a number of sites in the UK.
To work in a small finance team focusing on supporting project accounting and the production of monthly management accounts and forecast packs for specific cost centres. The role will require project accounting and project support, month end reporting, MOB preparation, detailed forecasting and analysis and oversight and control of accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions.
- Project accounting, coordination and control of Projects
- Monthly entering of journal entries, including accruals and prepayments in preparation for the management accounts
- Producing the monthly management accounts
- Production of monthly MOB reports
- Providing appropriate commentary and analysis to the management accounts in order explain variances to forecast and budget, and significant movements in month
- Production of annual budget packs to be modelled in excel and processed through Axiom
- To assist with forecasting working capital, managing debt, reviewing WIP and ensuring that all sales invoices are billed promptly.
- Detailed monthly ledger interrogation at month end to ensure that the Business Unit is being cross charged appropriately.
- The role will require a high level of communication between the programme team, delivery, operations, sales, sales support and sales admin via telephone, telepresence, email, and face to face meetings
- Working to reconcile profit and project margins on a monthly basis for inclusion in the monthly forecast packs and developing reports to support project profitability, product profitability and customer profitability.
- Supporting the role out of SAP projects and project profitability.
- Preparation, production and administration of monthly commission payments in line with targets.
- Oversight and management of all purchase invoices, PO's and sales invoices through the business.
- To assist the finance team with any queries
- Audit preparation
- Any other Ad hoc finance duties as required
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ ACA candidate.
- Good communicator, enthusiastic, hard-working and a team player.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to use their initiative and be able to apply business focus to the work they are producing.
- Specific experience in forecasting and budgeting.
- Interaction with other departments, such as Sales and Operations.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is essential.
- Previous experience in using SAP.