We're looking for a Data and Analytics Analyst to join us in Edinburgh or Bristol
- Join our exciting Digital & Channel Analytics team and deliver insight to drive optimised and exceptional multi-channel customer journeys across the Personal & Business banking brands
- You'll be drawing meaningful insights and client focussed ideas from large sets of data in order to support our market leading banking franchises
- We're committed to mapping a career path that works for you, with a focus on helping you build new skills and engage with the latest ideas and technologies in data analytics
What you'll do
You'll be making sure that the outcome of any analysis you carry out enhances the customer experience while proactively recommending improvements to customer journeys. You'll be driving customer channel adoption, engagement and financial performance through an entrepreneurial and customer focused approach to analytics. You'll also provide innovative insight to drive improved decision making within the business.
In addition to this, you'll:
- Build great relationships across various levels, working with the business to interpret objectives and analysis requirements
- Be a strong advocate of analytics, developing a deep understanding of the business to make sure that analysis is embedded in everyday decision making
- Support fellow analysts in the team to maintain an effective control environment and adhere to all relevant risk management policies
- Make sure deadlines are met in everything you do
- Keep up with developments in data analytics, and share new ideas and best practice
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone who can think in a logical way, and use that approach to provide simple and effective solutions to complex problems. You'll need experience in digital/web analytics alongside commercial, marketing or risk analytics. Preferably, you'll have experience of personal or business banking, customer facing businesses or head office functions.
You'll also need:
- A high level of drive and a commitment to personal and business success
- The ability to package and present ideas with clarity, and to convey complex, technical information in an appropriate way
- Experience in enterprise level analytics and optimisation solutions knowledge within Analytics
- The ability to use a wide variety of data sources from internal or external databases, including skills in database interrogation and analysis tools, including SAS, SQL and Teradata
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research, preferably in a web marketing context
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- An understanding and experience of tag implementation, management and management systems
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.