- Sector: Transport, Logistics and Distribution
- Specialism: Driver - Bus
- Location: Livingston
- £7.50 to £10.50 per hour GBP 8
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 6399
Trainee Bus Drivers
From £7.50 per hour (rising to £8.67 per hour after training) then after one year's full service £10.50 per hour.
39 hours per week
First Bus is one of Britain's largest bus operators. We operate around a fifth of all local bus services outside London.
A fleet of some 6,400 buses carry approximately 1.6 million passengers every single day in a huge number of communities.
From as far North as Aberdeen to as far South as Cornwall, First's buses help our customers access employment, education, retail and leisure. Our buses connect people and help create vibrant local economies.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do at First Bus. We are committed to providing quality bus services that are punctual, reliable and offer good value for money.
Let's tell you about what we are looking for…
About the Role:
Being a driver at FirstGroup is about much more than just driving. It's about putting your customer service skills to work and really looking after your passengers, no matter who they are, or where they're headed. It's what we're known for, and it's why our customers keep using our services again...and again...and again.
Joining us is also a great way to build your skills, too. We're the kind of company that encourages everyone to reach their full potential and we reward anyone who helps us meet our goals.
So, if you're patient and calm, able to work confidently on your own and handle cash responsibly, we could really help you go places. All you need is to be 18 or above, have a full clean driving licence and be happy to be flexible in terms of shift patterns. Full training will be provided.
See more about being a bus driver for FirstGroup here in our Day in the Life Video - https://uk.firstgroupcareers.com/life/dayinthelife/?filter=busdriver
What will you get in return?
Once you have completed your probation period, First will offer you the following fantastic benefits:
- Free Travel - Travel for free on our buses
- First Exclusives - Discounts and cashback on over 3,000 goods and services with First Xclusives
- Treat your Family & Friends - Amazing discounts on First UK Rail and bus travel
- Save - Use savings you build over three years to buy discounted shares in First. It's better than keeping it under the mattress!
- Buy as you earn - Buy shares in First and we'll give you free ones on top!
- Build a Pension with First - You will automatically join our pension scheme and start saving for the future
- Free Life Assurance for Pension Scheme Members - We will provide a tax-free payment for the people who depend on you
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our organisation. And the broader the expertise the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.