- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Internal Audit
- Location: Glasgow
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 440929400
We are currently looking for qualified Accountants at Assistant Manager Level to join our growing middle market audit practice in the Central Belt of Scotland. We have offices in both Glasgow and Edinburgh and we are recruiting for both offices.
The audits of SSE plc, Scottish Power, Scottish Water and Standard Life are all carried out locally, alongside other public sector work, property & construction and retail amongst many other sectors. Our clients range from listed entities, international groups and enterprise clients which are family owned or private equity backed.
Our external audit work sits alongside internal audit engagements and other assurance reporting, providing further breadth of experience. Our local market is well defined, and there are increasing opportunities for all staff to get involved in business development.
The breadth of our audit clients offers the opportunity for significant individual responsibility and to work with specialists from other functions who support our audit teams. There is a clear path for secondments to other functions such as corporate finance, transaction services and tax, as well as working on shared projects. It also means we can be flexible, entrepreneurial, and can closely focus on each individual’s career objectives and promotion path.
Roles & Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include;
- Planning and project managing all aspects of audits;
- Leading teams on the ground and reporting directly to the manager and partner on a day to day basis and budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects with a key focus on optimising profitability.
- You should demonstrate a practical knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS and have an awareness of the requirements of New UK GAAP (FRS 101 and FRS 102). US GAAP would also be a bonus but is not required.
Other key responsibilities include;
- Report writing for Audit Committees and management;
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues;
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential;
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm;
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business;
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits.
We think our people really stand out from the crowd. We are looking for equally exceptional people to join us, with the following skills and characteristics:- Identifies and pursues business opportunities;
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work;
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work;
- Continuously learns from experiences.
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities.
- Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback;
- Displays leadership skills and ability to act as a role model.
- Coaches less experienced staff;
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information;
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience;
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external);
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
Qualifications and Skills
CA or equivalent qualification. We will also consider candidates who are exam qualified and nearing full qualification / membership. Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Good working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS.