Join us on our 2018 Technology Comeback Programme in Edinburgh
- If you've been taking time out of your career having previously left a senior managerial role, our 2018 Comeback Programme is a chance to take on a paid work placement in the RBS Services Technology business, bringing your experience right up to date and by giving you useful coaching and an array of networking opportunities
- The opportunities are based within Technology and Change – an incredibly varied and busy area of our business – and are designed to provide a work environment that enables you to balance a successful career with family life
- By placing you at the forefront of the technology business, this 12 week paid returnship in April 2018 will highlight a wealth of potential opportunities, and may lead to the offer of a permanent role
What you'll do
This returnship will allow you to get back to a hands-on role, in a business responsible for transforming our ways of working across the business. You'll lead or manage one or more initiatives which support the technology programmes for the entire bank.
Our goal is to enable RBS to continuously learn and adapt so that we can delight our customers through delivering a customer experience that exceeds their expectations. The RBS change organisation is beginning a journey to a more agile way of working that’s transforming the way we manage our change portfolio.
- Provide effective business and performance management, including producing executive summaries and undertaking research accordingly
- Fulfil the role of a project manager or similar, and will deliver the end state journey related to cost, control, regulations and organisational excellence
- Work with and influence senior stakeholders
- Use your experience of common strategies including implementation, to contribute to and shape the organisational agenda
As part of the Comeback Programme you'll be supported with a range of training opportunities, as well as personalised and group coaching and seminars. You'll have a dedicated mentor during the programme, and will have the opportunity to join networking events led by our employee-led networks to gain exposure to senior leaders and broaden your internal connections.
The skills you'll need
Prior to your career break you'll have gained:
- Experience working in financial services or equivalent, as a functional expert or as a manager at a senior level
- Strong Project Management experience within a technology or IT environment
- Appropriate Project Management experience or qualification such as Prince 2 or Agile, ideally
We'll also look to you to bring:
- Proven change management experience
- Experience of delivering strategic projects that support the business strategy and its growth agenda
- Strong stakeholder management skills with a proven history of working collaboratively with stakeholders, particularly in senior management
- Excellent analytical and technical skills, and ability to understand and interpret complex problems
- The ability to prioritise your workload, and show a willingness to embrace new ways of working while incorporating what you already know
- Experience of executing and managing key administrative processes
Furthermore, you'll be keen to embark on a new challenge and ready to hit the ground running.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.