We're looking for a Programme Manager to join us in Edinburgh
- Managing a small team, you'll shape and deliver technology projects to senior managers and stakeholders
- Lead the strategic change programmes and project lifecycles to deliver sustainable business and customer outcomes
- Hone your project management and leadership skills in an exciting, fast paced environment
What you'll do
You'll be managing a small technology project team looking to embed a paperless document system for the RBS Digital Delivery organisation. Your role will involve working in partnership with stakeholders and portfolio managers, ensuring they are given appropriate objectives, structure and scope.
- Preparing financial business cases for the programme
- Identifying and managing the process of governance control appropriate to the complexities of the programme and ensuring that all programme deliverables adhere to the agreed governance framework
- Ensuring appropriate resources are assigned to deliver the programme
- Building, managing and maintaining positive working relationships with senior stakeholders and portfolio managers across multiple franchises
- Understanding the impacts other programmes may have and managing the dependencies
- Tracking and recording programme costs ensuring projects are delivered within the allotted budget
The skills you'll need
You'll need significant technology project managing experience at a senior level and experience delivering projects successfully in a matrix organisational model across the whole project lifecycle. As a Programme Manager, you'll have strong influencing and communication skills and the ability to foster strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Experience of managing and controlling costs to a budget
- Experience of delivering strategic programmes that support the business strategy and its growth agenda
- The ability to deliver programme management in a technology and IT function
Knowledge of Records Management policies and Dublin Core data management principals would be advantageous.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.