Join us as an Infrastructure Engineer in Edinburgh
- You'll be working on the Enterprise Platform, refining the standards and blueprints for technology used across the bank
- It's an opportunity to work with Agile methodology and get exposure to leading technology, while building your experience and network
What you'll do
You'll be delivering against the infrastructure technology roadmap, developing new standards to comply with bank policies, including security. You'll design all of the tools, analyse business requirements and review the operating environment, so it's vital that you proactively keep up to date with emerging trends in the market, and bring these ideas into everything you do.
Your role will also involve:
- Working with stakeholders, as well as colleagues in Enterprise Platform and Internal Application Development, to make sure that engineering products meet business requirements
- Overseeing Linux management and release process development and improvement
- Developing the Linux platform standard build including enhancement, maintenance and lifecycle management
- Testing third party software prior to release to the production environment
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with strong Linux experience, along with expertise in scripting and programming.
Your knowledge will cover:
- Source tools and technologies
- Web technologies and APIs
- Cloud technologies
And we'll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- A positive and proactive approach towards looking for new solutions and continuing to learn about technology
- Strong communication skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.