We're hiring a Senior Auditor to cover Market Risk, based in London
- This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an industry leading audit function within a large and complex financial services organisation
- You’ll help build the function's reputation for integrity, providing independent assurance
- This role will give you a platform to develop your knowledge and experience in risk management or internal audit, with a clear route for personal and professional development
What you'll do
This role will give you the platform to make a significant impact and influence business managers to ensure they lead in a risk conscious way. You’ll work under the direction of the audit lead, collaborating with the wider team in mapping out processes and assessing risks and controls, and gaining a real insight into the control environment by visiting the business and establishing how to effectively test. Some of the key features of your role will include:
- Analysing MI and reviewing risk information to support on identifying key business risks
- Collaborating to produce a final report compiling the audit findings into a high quality document, providing important insight to the business heads on adequately managing their risks
- Project managing assigned parts of engagements, and driving the delivery of efficient and effective assurance
- Holding open and effective discussions on key risks, engaging with business stakeholders, and on occasions coaching less experienced auditors
You’ll also have the opportunity at times to lead on engagements – some of which may be complex in nature.
The skills you'll need
You’ll need sound analytical skills, along with the ability to assess and prioritise data effectively, quickly establishing what is important. At Senior Auditor level you are likely to hold or be undertaking a related professional qualification, which will compliment your previous experience in audit, assurance or risk management. We'll also expect:
- A strong understanding of principles of good risk management, with a thorough grounding in monitoring and testing effective controls
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- The interpersonal skills and confidence to manage relationships with senior stakeholders
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.