- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Location: JV8
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 000338
Job purpose summary
The Client Communications Manager is responsible for defining and delivering high quality communication solutions for PS Administration Limited for DB and DC pension trustees, HR Directors, Pensions Managers, Reward and Benefits Managers. Within the role the individual will be required to maintain and develop high-value client relationships, support the winning of new business and develop the communication proposition in line with market trends.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
• Driving communication revenue and developing/growing client relationships.
• Developing and executing innovative communications strategies for complex initiatives which meet PSAL's client requirements.
• Developing innovative tools and approaches to enhance employee understanding and appreciation of their corporate benefits, including pension and flexible benefits offerings.
• Seeking ways of growing the PSAL business through service and product development.
• Driving and influencing communications strategies.
• Day to day work flow management of the communication team members including mentoring, ensuring quality of delivery of work for the team and longer term personal development planning.
• Producing consistent and high-quality results in a high paced, high pressured environment.
• Ensuring effective communication within the business to provide a full service to our clients.
• Participating in new business proposals and prospect pitches.
• Managing budgets and time, ensuring projects delivered to agreed fees and quality standards.
• Analysing campaign results and showcasing return on investment.
Due to the changing nature of the business, the job holder may from time to time be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within their capabilities.
This section describes the experience, education and skills necessary for the role (at the lowest level that is necessary for full & effective performance).
Knowledge & experience
• Previous experience in an employee communications role, ideally gained within an employee benefits environment, communications firm or a creative design agency. Experience should include developing comprehensive communications plans and writing about complex topics for various employee audiences and using multiple delivery channels. The role is likely to appeal to individuals with 7 years' plus experience, although not exclusive as applications will be considered on an individual basis against core competencies.
• Previous pensions administration experience of both Defined Benefit (DB) and Defined Contributions (DC) schemes or employee benefits is desirable but not essential.
• Previous supervisory, line management or mentoring skills
• Previous business development experience including pre and post sales activities.
• Experience of being involved with complex communications campaigns including managing client expectations, deliverables and budgetary matters. The individual should be comfortable in delivering communication campaigns both on and offline.
• Able to demonstrate from previous practical experience the ability to create high impact and concise content and design.
• Able to demonstrate a strong understanding of marketing channels and applicable results.
• Knowledge of best practice communication and engagement tools, especially digital and social media
• An understanding of communications software including XMPie (or equivalent) and Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
Training, education & qualification
• Good academic record including Maths and English to GCSE or equivalent qualification (minimum Grade C)
Skills, abilities & personal qualities
• Highly organised with the ability to plan and prioritise work and effectively manage own workload as well as the designated team.
• The ability to manage, motivate and lead a team, setting a positive example for others to follow.
• Supports, motivates and coaches colleagues and shares knowledge to the benefit of the team and/or wider company.
• Excellent client-facing skills, demonstrates positive personal impact qualities such as leadership, influencing, credibility and empathy.
• Demonstrates a ‘can-do' attitude with a focus on results.
• Demonstrates a flair for finding original, creative and innovative solutions.
• Ability to build and facilitate strong, productive working relationships with a wide variety of clients both external and internal.
• Meticulous approach to their work, particularly when dealing with copy, editing and proof-reading documents.
• Ability to work across multiple accounts, projects and clients, ensuring that all deliverables are achieved to cost, time and exceptional quality standards.
• Excellent communicator - provides clear and concise written and verbal communications appropriate to the audience. Able to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
• Ability to operate/work at all levels of the organisation.
• Strong project management skills to deliver solutions to budget, agreed timescales and quality standards.
• Well-developed commercial and business awareness.
• Resilient and able to work well under pressure.