Joining Lochaber’s leading funeral provider as a Funeral Service Operative, you’ll perform a really varied role, taking responsibility for the deceased whilst they’re in our care, and demonstrating real commitment and attention to detail as an essential member of our team. We will train you to become qualified in Funeral Operations and Services and support your career development.
What you’ll do
• Collect the deceased from a wide range of scenarios, including sometimes difficult locations and circumstances, and bring them to rest at our funeral home
• Help to dress and prepare the deceased of all ages for their funeral, behaving always with the utmost dignity and respect
• Check everything is as perfect as it can be before each ceremony for the deceased and their families
• Drive our vehicles with pride and maintain our fleet to the highest possible standards
• Play an active role within the community, building strong relationships with people and acting as a trusted and well-respected ambassador for Mike McFall Funeral Directors
Working with us can be quite a balancing act. On the one hand, it’s tough. On the other it’s incredibly rewarding. Providing practical, hands-on care for the deceased of all ages and circumstances calls for high levels of understanding, empathy and compassion. Working alongside the deceased and their grieving relatives at times of high emotion and pressure isn’t for everyone. It takes a cool head and a warm heart, so please think carefully before you apply.
What you’ll bring
• A practical can-do attitude combined with a caring nature and emotional maturity
• Physical fitness – you’ll be lifting coffins and carrying the deceased in a variety of environments and situations
• The focus and attention to accurately carry out detailed instructions and complete tasks to agreed timescales
• The ability to work alone and the flexibility to be part of an ‘up to 24 hours on-call’ team working a minimum of 15 days per month ‘on-call’
• A full UK driving licence
• An appreciation that you only get one chance to deliver a perfect final tribute
If you feel that this is the right job for you then please apply in writing with an attached CV (if you have one) to:
Mike McFall Funeral Directors
10 Battlefield Crescent
For more information you can contact us by phone on
01397 701110 and ask for Beth or Jamie or email;
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.