- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 69702
Join us as a Software Engineer, ServiceNow in Edinburgh
- Working on service or change initiatives, you'll ensure availability and operability of the solution and you'll develop, test, deploy and maintain the solutions ensuring customer outcomes are delivered
- Be a member of a SCRUM team, working with Architecture and Business Analysts on software design for our ServiceNow Product team
- Personal development and learning is actively encouraged, and we'll support you to increase your knowledge in specialist seminars such as Knowledge 17, NowForum, and IT500
- You'll own the implementation and support of the solution throughout the lifecycle of the solution
What you'll do
As a Software Engineer, working in our ServiceNow Product team, you'll work within a feature team to engineer software, scripts and tools to enable the delivery of bank platforms, applications and services. With objectives aligned to the bank's long term strategic goals, we have a growing product backlog and defined roadmap for the next few years, and you'll be involved in the full lifecycle of software development within this.
Within the course of your work, you'll:
- Liaise with Lead Engineers, Architects, and Business Analysts across the platform - as well as other key stakeholders - to understand the objectives, goals and requirements
- Work in collaboration with the Feature team and Platform team to contribute to a robust plan and lean technical definition and design to support the platforms design goals
- Design, develop and deploy applications capable of meeting and exceeding the anticipated load, performance and availability volumes - including load balancing, performance testing and benchmarking
- Design and develop software with a focus on automation of build, release testing and deployment on all environments
- Create technical test plans and records, including unit and integration tests, within automated test environments to ensure code quality
- Ensure continuous improvement and optimal performance across the Platform through ongoing evaluation, analysis and maintenance of implemented solutions
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll have a background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture, and proven experience of working in a ServiceNow role within large organisations - preferably financial. Whatever your precise background, you'll have in depth knowledge and an understanding of ServiceNow products and solutions, and experiencing of working in SCRUM teams
We'll also look to you to bring:
- In depth knowledge of software development lifecycle practices
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrable experience in solving highly complex analytical and numerical problems
- Transferable skills and experience of DevOps and agile methodology, and associated toolsets
- Strong organisation skills, as you'll not only complete tasks assigned to you but also assist other members of the SCRUM team
- Demonstrable experience of test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks, stubbing and unit testing tools
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.