Join us as a Tagging Developer in Cardiff, Edinburgh or Bristol
- Design and develop state of the art applications and services in our award winning Data Analytics team and help us shape the future of our business
- You'll be developing code to harvest data from our websites; this data will be vital in understanding our customers' needs and how we can improve as a bank
- Work with the latest technologies and hone your technical expertise in a collaborative, agile and forward thinking team environment
- As well as developing your technical talents you'll have the opportunity to build project and leadership skills which will open up a range of exciting career options
What you'll do
You'll design, develop and test applications and technical solutions for Data Analytics in line with business requirements and the needs of our customers. In particular, you'll be developing code to harvest data from our websites. This will involve working with lead engineers, architects and business stakeholders to build an understanding of business needs and collaborating to deliver innovative data solutions to agreed budgets and timescales.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering well thought out estimates after a thorough consideration of design, build and testing complexity
- Building your understanding of our business' architectural direction and principles and ensuring new developments progress in line with these
- Designing and developing high-volume, high-performance, high-availability applications using proven frameworks and technologies
- Driving the reuse and sharing of platform components and technologies
- Writing unit and integration tests within automated test environments to ensure code quality
- Keeping up to date with the latest technology developments and sharing best practice
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a background in software engineering and design, or database design and architecture. You'll need experience using industry recognised frameworks and development tooling.
In particular, you'll need experience working with Java Script and HTML.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
- An understanding of web analytics tools such as adobe analytics and DoubleClick
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills and the ability to collaborate across teams and business areas to deliver solutions
- Experience of test-driven development alongside use of automated test frameworks
- Knowledge of the software delivery lifecycle, established software development methodologies and agile delivery methods
- An innovative mind-set and the problem solving skills to translate product and business requirements into workable solutions
- The ability to organise and prioritise a multifaceted workload to meet deadlines
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.