Join us in Central Park Dublin or Edinburgh as a Business Analyst
- We're looking for someone with good stakeholder management and problem solving skills to join our Business Improvement Management team
- You'll be supporting improvements and the delivery of strategic direction for the Retail Problem Debt Management area, which supports our customers who are in financial difficulty
- Working on a diverse number of items, you'll provide core experience in project management across a number of departments
- This is an opportunity to demonstrate your ability to manage important business relationships and gather information
What you'll do
As a Business Analyst, you'll be a key member of the Planning & Workflow Management team. Reporting to the Planning & Workflow Team Manager, you'll support the design and delivery of the change management model for this area.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
- Supporting the delivery of projects and providing input into project deliverables
- Helping to coordinate all project work within the Planning & Continuous Improvement team within Business Improvement
- Developing an understanding of our customers' needs and ensure we deliver to specific requirements
- Supporting the progress of project plans
- Supporting the design and implementation of training plans and communications regarding the transition of projects into BAU activity
The skills you'll need
Essentially, we're looking for someone with an understanding and experience of the mortgage process within the Republic of Ireland. You'll also need an understanding and experience of project governance and will appreciate the importance of delivering to timescales.
We'll also be looking to you to demonstrate:
- Good communication skills
- Experience of meeting key milestones or objectives
- A keen eye for detail and ability to interpret business information and MI
- A passion for driving continuous improvement with experience in improving or changing local processes
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At Ulster Bank, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These may include a full credit check, a criminal record check (if based in the UK), residency and right to work checks.