Join us as a Customer Research Manager in Edinburgh
- Joining a newly designed specialist team, you'll report to the Head of Research Operations to support effective and efficient management of our customer research activity
- You'll be taking the lead on the design, build and management of our internal customer panels
- This is a pivotal role, and you'll be ensuring that we provide maximum research platform availability and build new capability for our customers and our users
- It's an opportunity to gain senior level exposure through the development of our research and platform activity to meet the needs of our bank
What you'll do
As a Customer Research Manager, you'll develop a rich understanding of all customer research activity to help us deliver high quality, high frequency customer insight while making sure that we comply with the System Ownership Framework for our research platforms.
You'll be responsible for ensuring that our platforms and research activity perform consistently for our end users and that we maximise the benefit of customer insight for the organisation. You'll work closely with others in the team to continually assess the effectiveness of our customer research and help drive changes to improve the way we operate. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring that our systems are compliant, adhere to risk and security policies in addition to market research standards.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
- Building live monitoring for our customer research programmes and platforms
- Supporting the future strategy of customer research and making sure that our platforms are continuously able to deliver requirements
- Working with senior stakeholders to understand the effectiveness of our research programmes and help build advocates of our team
- Understanding requirements and developing our internal customer panel capability
- Creating roadmaps of activity and facilitating any changes
- Working with the Insight team to build skills and awareness of future capability
- Engaging with Technology and supplier teams to understand and make system changes
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll bring experience of customer research and insight along with some experience of risk or change management. You'll have knowledge of building research programmes and managing or delivering organisational change. In addition to this, a strong understanding of governance or risk frameworks will be advantageous to your success.
You'll be a self-starter, able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and also have keen attention to detail.
We'll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- Strong analytical, planning and organisational skills
- The ability to establish and manage work schedules and priorities
- Evidence of contributing to business improvements beyond your core duties
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience in dealing with people at all levels of the organisation
- Experience of conducting market research
- Senior stakeholder engagement experience
While the role doesn't have any direct line reports, ideally you'll still have some experience of people management.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.