Join us in Glasgow as a Relationship Director
- If you're a strategic thinker with strong commercial experience and excellent communication skills, this role could be perfectly suited to you
- This is a fantastic opportunity to take on an important role in Lombard as you'll drive our strategy to deepen relationships with our clients and grow our customer base
- You'll be valued for your long term thinking and commercial acumen, as you help us support UK businesses and build lasting business relationships
- As part of this role, you’ll also be working towards an externally recognised qualification that will help you deliver an outstanding service to our customers
What you'll do
Reporting to the Director of Asset Finance, you'll be determining and delivering a productive strategy for engaging with businesses in the £10 - £25m market place. This will involve identifying sources of new business, engaging new customers and managing and cultivating existing relationships, while applying prudential credit stewardship principles and responsibly managing risk.
Based on your forward thinking commercial knowledge, you'll develop a strategy which is responsive to local markets and the changing needs of our customers and our business. In so doing, you'll be working towards financial performance targets that contribute to responsible and sustainable growth.
You'll also be:
- Building strong internal relationships with business partners in Commercial & Private Banking and our functions teams, to ensure an effective, integrated approach to meeting our customers' needs
- Dealing with large commercial and corporate customers
- Driving specifically targeted regional customer events, contributing to team initiatives
- Providing leadership and coaching to less experienced portfolio managers
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll need strong relationship management experience and knowledge of Asset Finance would also be an advantage. Along with great commercial acumen, you'll have a proven record of delivering excellent standards of customer service, with a commitment to innovation and continuous improvement.
You'll also need:
- The ability build productive, trusting relationships
- Robust financial analysis and credit stewardship skills in support of delivering more complex structures and transactions
- Strong technical skills and a forward thinking approach to help devise the wider strategy
- The ability to communicate clearly, naturally and effectively, to think positively and resourcefully when dealing with obstacles, and to adapt to meet changing and complex individual needs
What else you need to know
As part of this role, you’ll need to have or be working towards a Diploma in Lending skills qualification, which we'll support you to achieve within 12 months of joining us.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a minimum competitive salary package of £54,870 which includes a 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.