Rail Health & Safety AuditorLocation: Glasgow and across Scotland
Employment Type: Permanent
Start Date: March 2018 (Interviews will be conducted between December and January)
Capita has a new job vacancy for anyone interested in becoming an Auditor. We will train you into a Health & Safety auditor as long as you have a rail background and you are open to travel with a set geographical area such as the North, South, West and East. As an Auditor you will be responsible for undertaking audits on suppliers registering on the Rail Industry Supplier Qualification System (RISQS).
In order to succeed in your application you must have two areas of experience. Firstly you will need a NEBOSH to show that you already have an interest in Health & Safety. Secondly you will need experience within rail or with companies that have had work and or contracts within the rail sector.
You do not have to be an establish auditor but a background which involves administration and communication will help with your application. In order to do this role you will need to have the IRCA Accredited Lead Auditor ISO9001 qualification, we will put you through this 5 day training course if you are not yet qualified.
As an Auditor you must be a competent person who is able to plan, execute and prepare reports across a range of RISQS audits covering supplier services. Your audits will assist in deciding if a supplier is deemed fit for purpose according to the Health & Safety requirements set by/for the industry or Infrastructure Management Organisation.
This job will offer you the chance to develop your career as a Health & Safety professional with recognised training provided and an established support network to assist you as you settle into the role. You will predominantly work independently driving to different locations and working with contractors and suppliers to the rail Industry.
Your Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Schedule work diary and agree available audit dates using an online system
- Arrange travel and accommodation when required using a designated travel planning system
- Following an audit protocol including confirming arrangements to audit suppliers
- Audit against a set criteria and make justifiable judgments on the evidence provided
- Use mobile data collection device to record evidence and upload to system
- Provide audit opening statements, feedback, commentary and close out statements to the supplier being audited as required
- Provide timely reports within an internet based system
- NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent)
- Relevant rail industry/rail sector experience relating to H&S, management or report writing
- IRCA Accredited Lead Auditor ISO9001 course or equivalent (We are open to provide training for this qualification)
Desirable Qualifications & Working Knowledge:
- UK rail system
- Health and Safety regulations and legal requirements
- The management of Health and Safety
- Health and Safety systems OHSAS18001, ISO14001, ISO9001, SA8000 or equivalent
- CDM 2015
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team or in isolation
- Ability to manage, and prioritise own workload
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills
- Willing to travel - National coverage but focused in regions
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
What's in it for you?
As well as a generous salary and car allowance/company car we also give you 25 days holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share ownership scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
There are strong career opportunities across the Capita group nationwide and overseas, with a strategy of secondment and resource sharing to enable maximum opportunity for individuals.
We invest heavily in our people, recognising that our staff are our most valuable asset. Individual training plans and accelerated schemes foster an environment of continual personal development.
All of this in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.