Job Title - Technical Delivery Lead
Location - Edinburgh City Centre, Morrison Street
Competitive Salary & Benefits
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Technical Delivery Lead to join our Technical Delivery team. Responsible for the technical delivery of customer implementation projects, you will manage all technical aspects of the project to ensure successful delivery via our operational delivery teams to our customers.
Key to making a success of this role will be your ability to use your initiative and think outside the box.
About Capita | AMT Sybex
AMT-SYBEX are a recognised leader in the implementation of map-based mobile work management solutions to the Utilities, Public Sector and Environmental Services markets.
Our GeoField product, developed by our Sigma Seven team in Edinburgh, is relied upon daily by thousands of field workers at leading organisations such as ScottishPower, Wales and West Utilities, Scottish Water, SEPA and SGN.
What you will do:
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the role responsibilities include:
- Responsible for ensuring the development and test teams understand the customer requirements and how those requirements will be met by the proposed technical solution;
- Creation and agreement of project schedule for the phases and activities under your control;
- Responsible for ensuring the technical delivery from the development and test teams, is in line with the project schedule;
- Review progress of the development and test teams;
- Report to the customer account manager on progress;
- Liaise with the customer or account manager to discuss issues;
- Responsible for ensuring the technical delivery meets expected company standards (e.g. technical development standards and documentation standards);
- Liaison between the project Solution Architect, technical teams and any third-party vendors;
- Review technical specifications and clarify/address queries from the team;
- Provide timely and accurate project status reports;
- Creation of communication plans, ensuring appropriate information is exchanged and controlled among all stakeholders;
- Accountable for the management and reporting of any delivery risk and issues;
- Manage the delivery against the agreed scope, and control change via Change Management processes;
- Maintain and manage resource plans and forecasts for the projects under your control.
Your experience will include:
Essential skills include:
- 5+ years of project managing software teams in the development and implementation of software solutions;
- Demonstrable skills in Project management/project delivery/project planning disciplines;
- Ability to report effectively at all levels of the organisation (our internal stakeholder and the customer organisation);
- Familiarity with project planning tools e.g. MS Project.
- Agile/Waterfall delivery experience;
- Strong people management and team-building skills;
- Strong time management skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task e.g. manage multiple streams of development activity in parallel.
Desirable skills include:
- SCRUM experience;
- Experience of .NET and C# and the Microsoft technology stack
- Experience of VSTS
- Experience with GIS and spatial databases;
- Experience of the Utilities sector;
- Degree in software engineering, computer science or related subject
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.