We are looking to recruit a Senior to Principal Engineering Geologist / Geotechnical Engineer. This is a key permanent position within the Geoenvironmental Team. Chartered or near chartered required.
A practical dedicated all-rounder is required to add to the already strong Geoenvironmental Team. In particular this role will required an engineer with experience in the rail sector – managing and delivering earthworks projects and geotechnical structures including tunnel refurbishments and retaining walls. Current PTS, possibly IRATA roped access qualified, and with a through understanding of the Network Rail design processes and deliverables.
You will have a through understanding of engineering geological and geotechnical issues for a wide range of project scenarios.
This is likely to include:
- Desk Studies
- Site Investigation
- Interpretative Reporting
- Slope Stability
- Rock Engineering
- Ground Improvement
- Good report writing and communication skills.
- You will be expected to manage and mentor more junior team members.
- Good commercial awareness.
- The use of specialist software applications is a distinct adavntage.
- Driving licence required.
- An understanding of environmental and contamination issues would be useful but not essential.
A good first degree in Civil Engineering or Geology is required. An MSc in Geotechnics or Engineering Geology or a related subject would be useful but is not essential.
To apply for this position, send your CV marked for the attention of Colin Clark to stating the position you are applying for.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.