Glasgow Life is the charity responsible for inspiring Glasgow’s citizens and visitors to lead richer and more active lives through culture, sport and learning. We believe in the transformational power of the services we provide for the citizens of and visitors to the City of Glasgow.
As ParkLives Activator you will work within the Community Sport Team team supporting the development of ParkLives Programme across the city
• You will deliver and co-ordinate a variety of activities at local community parks and events across the city and the collation of data for monitoring and evaluating the programme.
• You will support volunteers to assist and deliver in the development of ParkLives Programme
• You will develop effective working relationships with internal and external partners.
To be successful in this role you have the following skills and experience:
• A relevant qualification in sport, physical activity, health, education or community development.
• Previous experience of working with either clubs, community groups or in health and physical activity related environment.
• Evidence of database management - experience with an ability to record, review and collate data into reports. ParkLives requires a flexible work pattern: Evening and weekend work will be required.
Glasgow Life has a lot to look forward to with the games and festivals of the 2018 European Championships and has a significant role to play in ensuring Glasgow retains its position as the world's 5th sporting city following the "Best Ever" Commonwealth Games. We operate 160 venues across Glasgow including Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, the Emirates Arena, Mitchell Library and the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall. In addition we are proud to be responsible for Celtic Connections, the Glasgow Club and the City’s 32 local libraries. None of this would have been achieved without the considerable strength of our workforce – building on our commitment to make Glasgow a successful and vibrant city.
We offer a range of employee benefits such as an opportunity to join the Strathclyde Pension Fund, generous holiday entitlement, annual leave purchase scheme, childcare vouchers, staff discounts (including Glasgow Club), flexible retirement, family friendly policies, flu vaccination programme and career break policy…just to name a few!
At Glasgow Life we value diversity and inclusion. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from BAME groups who are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Membership of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme will be essential on taking up appointment.
These posts are part time and salary will be pro rataed.
These posts are temporary for a period upto 30 September 2018.Application Packs
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054.
Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request.
Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website Working for us
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.