The successful applicant will have a minimum of five years' experience as a team leader in a landscape or arboricultural background.
You will lead a dedicated team, working closely with the management team, and will be pivotal in ensuring the safe delivery of routine maintenance and additional landscape works on our road network.
As a minimum you must hold the following skills/competencies:
• UK Driving licence with C1E (up to 7500kg + trailer entitlement)
• NPTC units – Safe use of chainsaws (basic felling, maintenance, crosscutting)
• NPTC units – Safe use of herbicides
• Demonstrable experience in the use of a variety of grass cutting equipment
• A working knowledge of current health and safety legislation
• Proven track record in the organisation of multiple work sites
• Positive attitude and willingness to take ownership of programmed works
• Be self-motivated and able to prioritise works in a safe, controlled manner
• Strong interpersonal skills/and experience of working with members of the public and other groups
Preferred additional skills/competencies include:
• CSCS landscaping card
• UK HGV driving licence – class 2
• Knowledge / experience of current traffic management legislation (high speed roads)
• A working knowledge of current environmental legislation
Our annual programme of works typically consists of six months of grass cutting (verges, junctions and sightlines) from April to September, with the remaining six months focusing on biodiversity establishment/maintenance works, network-wide herbicide applications, pest control and additional tree works along with customer requests for service.
This role does require a flexible approach to working and there is a requirement to work shift patterns, including day and night shifts.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a much bigger collaborative team that maintains the A19 road network between Dishforth (North Yorkshire) and the Tyne Tunnel (South Tyneside).
Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.