This role will involve a range of commercial responsibilities including:
• Measurement, contract administration, record keeping, and maintaining key schedules for both information and procurement
• Supporting the timely delivery of the project’s commercial functions throughout both pre-construction and construction phases
• Preparation of internal and external valuations, final accounts, cost value reconciliations, change management and the valuation of variations, cash collection along with input into the risk and opportunity registers
Applicants will demonstrate the following:
• Experience as a recognised QS with strong commercial awareness and a focus on profit and cash
• Broad construction and civil engineering industry experience covering various sectors and markets in commercial positions with industry-leading contracting organisations
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills and an ability to quickly build effective relationships internally and externally
• Organisational skills with clear thinking on business priorities and the ability to deal with a significant volume of many varied business issues in a timely and effective manner
• The ability to communicate and manage in a number of ways effectively and efficiently with all members of staff internally and externally
• Change management experience, successfully delivering cultural change projects and programmes
• The ability to disseminate a breadth of internal and external data and apply sound judgement regarding the strategic direction of the business
• Construction technology expertise
• Experience in developing and monitoring efficient and effective processes and policies in support of business objectives and strategy
Applicants will ideally be educated to degree level in a construction related discipline and a member of:
• The Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
• The Chartered Institute of Building
• The Institution of Engineering and Technology
We offer an excellent package commensurate with experience and expertise.
Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.