Join us in Edinburgh as a Senior Support Analyst
- If you have experience in a support or business management role, this developmental opportunity might suit your ambitions
- Based in our Melville Gate office, you'll be providing business support services to our Data Centre facilities operation
- This is a real opportunity to make this role your own and take advantage of the learning opportunities you'll have available to you
- This role would also suit someone looking to build a career in supply chain services, as you'll have regular interaction with external suppliers and will be liaising with our Supply Chain Services colleagues
What you'll do
In this key role, you'll be providing business support services to our Data Centre facilities operation, covering financial control and management, staff records management, recruitment support and general administrative activities.
You'll also be supporting the Technical Operations Manager to deliver team objectives.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
- Liaising with colleagues, suppliers and other functions to raise orders for work activities, recording receipts, tracking payments and resolving invoicing queries
- Maintaining and managing a financial tracker, analysing information and developing reports
- Generating planned maintenance work orders for RBS operated Data Centres
- Supporting with audit requests by coordinating responses and collecting data
- Supporting Supply Chain Services requirements by producing regular MI and performing compliance checks on suppliers to ensure they're adhering to the bank's policies
- Providing oversight of compliance to Records Management Policy, calling out any issues and managing their resolution
- Maintaining the Training database, booking colleagues in to any required training sessions
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you'll need experience of working in a support or business management role, where you'll have performed and managed key administrative processes. You'll also need to be a competent user of Excel, with the ability to pivot, look up and compare and contrast data. Forms and Visual Basic experience would be an advantage.
We'll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good stakeholder management skills, with the ability to form effective working relationships with suppliers
- Strong numeracy skills
- Effective planning and organisational skills in order to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, with Access database knowledge as an advantage
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.