We're looking for a Technical Analyst to join us in Edinburgh
- You'll work as part of the core credit platform with responsibility for the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of Mainframe components in Core Credit
- Have the opportunity to gain hands on experience in building and managing test environments
- You'll be agile in adapting to the new ways of working in the platform, while ensuring quality of deliverables
What you'll do
Credit platform is a set of key applications in core banking for Retail, Business and corporate customers in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland. The platform deals with the account opening, behavioural assessment and excess management for customer payments.
Your Responsibilities in this will be:
- Creating high quality application designs which display adherence to operational principles
- Developing application components as per the specifications
- Building and maintaining platform level test environments
- Creating unit / component integration / system / system integration test plans / automated scripts and results
- Executing tests as per the plan
- Resolving technical problems of varying degree of complexity
- Coordinating with internal and external stakeholders
The skills you'll need
We'll look to you to bring:
- Solid experience working in IT
- Technical skills in Mainframe technology, including CICS, Web Services, VSAM, DB2, COBOL, file handling, JCL, batch scheduling and monitoring
- The ability to learn new technology when the opportunity presents
- Knowledge of key mainframe tools such as File-AID, SPUFI, Xpeditor, Endevor and CA7
Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of working with Agile tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience of test automation
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.