.Net Support Developer
About the role
Our GeoField product, developed by our Sigma Seven team in Edinburgh, is relied upon daily by thousands of field workers at leading organisations such as ScottishPower, Wales and West Utilities, Scottish Water, SEPA and SGN.
We have an exciting opportunity for a .Net Support Developer and are looking for an enthusiastic individual for this challenging position as part of our Support team. AMT-SYBEX provide support services to our GeoField customers, and this role will form a key part in the delivery of these services.
This role involves working on a variety of projects, making sure that our delivered solutions are performing for our customers as expected - using the latest development tools, targeting leading-edge mobile technologies. The nature of our work requires excellent communication skills and an enthusiastic approach to problem solving and team work.
About Capita | AMT Sybex
AMT Sybex is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
Based on our GeoField product platform, we specialise in the delivery of map-based fieldworker solutions, targeted primarily but not exclusively at the utility sector.
The GeoField product portfolio is wholly owned, controlled and developed by Sigma Seven, and forms the basis for the delivery of innovative, integrated spatially enabled field worker solutions that link data, process and function across the broader enterprise.
Sigma Seven's customer base in the UK currently supports roughly half of the UK's utility customer connections.
What you will do:
- Provide technical 2nd and 3rd line support to customers
- Respond to support calls as assigned within Service Level Agreements; ensuring incidents are quickly and accurately logged, closed and analysed to prevent future occurrences, and that incident resolution priorities are met;
- Maintain an understanding of the internal escalation process;
- Ability to work under own initiative, manage own time and work to deadlines;
- Fault analysis/Debugging skills;
- Provide support for the applications including its users and associated services and configurations;
- Able to troubleshoot hardware/software/network issues.
Your experience will include:
- 1+ years of commercial experience in technical software support or software development;
- Demonstrable experience in .NET 4.0, C#;
- Experience in using remote desktop technologies to diagnose reported issues.
- Knowledge of ITIL Framework
In addition, the following would be an advantage:
- Experience of working in a technical support environment, including liaison with customers;
- Experience of GIS and spatial databases;
- A degree in software engineering, computer science or a related subject;
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.