This role exists to monitor the performance of flow measurement equipment associated with fiscal, allocation, Environmental and Production metering. The role holder monitors hydrocarbon quantities and qualities, validates that the flow metering equipment is calibrated, provides the correct data parameters for flow measurement systems, and controls the modification of metering software and hardware, in order to ensure correct flow measurement and compliance with agreements. A key skill would be to review system performance and recommend and support improvements. This needs to be done in compliance with all relevant agreements, applicable legislative requirements, existing procedures and standards, including HSEQ.
Monitor the status of equipment associated with the measurement of quantities and quality of hydrocarbon flow through design, operation and maintenance phases. Supervise the daily operation and maintenance activities conducted on flow measurement systems by offshore personnel, in order to guarantee accurate flow measurement, complying with commercial agreements. Make sure that proper documentation is in place at all times and is updated regularly.
Fiscal Metering Hardware
Manage calibration of all fiscal metering hardware and validate data parameters for the flow computers in the flow measurement system. Supervise measurement, assessment and modification of metering devices and support offshore Technicians to eliminate errors within flow measurement systems, support flow metering audits, so that the electronic and mechanical components of the fiscal metering systems are fit for purpose, provide accurate data and are operating in a safe manner.
Production Operational Support
During normal and occasionally outside normal working hours assist offshore Operational personnel, providing advice and guidance in the event of malfunction of l metering equipment.
Sampling and Analysis
Control & Initiate the extraction of gas and condensate samples, managing vendors, following procedures and rules negotiated in agreements and governmental guidelines. Ensure that contractors are aware of and follow all rules, procedures and sampling requirements. Report and monitor the results to the Commercial and Operations team in order to determine gas quality for flow measurement and sales allocation purposes.
Provide support regarding technical calculations, such as process simulations, on request of the Projects and Engineering department, in order to enable them to do deliver their objectives.
Support new or upgrading projects with technical advice. Provide advice on system acceptance testing to verify that equipment and systems are working properly and facilitate smooth handover to operations. Set 'stable' benchmarks when new fields come on-stream.
Health, Safety, Environment and Quality
Comply with HSEQ procedures, rules and regulations and contribute to building awareness among other personnel in- and outside the department, in order to maintain and continuously improve a safe and healthy working environment.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
Knowledge and Qualifications
- HNC, HND or Bachelor degree, Technical Engineering, preferably in control & instrumentation, electrical or chemical engineering
- Extensive experience of hydrocarbon flow measurement in the E&P industry
- Knowledge of metering hardware and IT systems
- A proven track record of working on gas & liquid flow measurement systems
- Good working knowledge of the principles and standards applicable to flow measurement
- Recognised as an Oil & Gas measurement practitioner within the industry
- High level of numeracy and IT skills, including flow computers, virtual flow computers, PLC’s
- Knowledge of reservoir compositions and phase behaviours
- Knowledge and feel for production and process data
- Some knowledge of HYSYS Process simulation
- Good interpersonal communication skills
Spirit Energy was created in 2017 following the combination of Centrica’s Exploration & Production business and Bayerngas Norge AS. The business is 69%-owned by Centrica plc, with the remaining 31% owned by Bayerngas Norge’s former shareholders, led by Stadtwerke München and Bayerngas GmbH.
The independent company was formed to combine a complementary mix of producing and development assets, and creates a robust, self-financing business to allow both organic and inorganic growth.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Senior Metering Engineer R9943800’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.