- Sector: Emergency, Military and Security
- Location: Edinburgh
- From £9 per hour GBP 9
- Hours: Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: G4S/E/1408
Would you like to earn extra money at the evenings and weekends?
Are you looking for casual part time work to fit around your full time job or other commitments?
You will need a valid SIA Door Supervisor License to undertake role - G4S can assist you in obtaining this through providing the full training course at no cost to you (although applying for the licence itself after the training costs approx £220 which we can potentially assist with the up front cost of through financing options).
We are looking to welcome people from all backgrounds to join our Events team where you will be working mainly on a Saturday afternoon at Easter Road, Tynecastle or Murrayfield.
As well as these regular venues, you will be given the opportunity to work at other prestigious venues and events across Edinburgh and central Scotland including Myreside, Playhouse, Queens Hall, Usher Hall, Edinburgh Festival, Edinburgh Hogmanay, Functions at Murrayfield and Easter Road as well as upcoming one off events like TRNSMT festival, Ed Sheeran Open Golf and Glasgow 2018 (transport will be provided if you are working out with Edinburgh).
There is also plenty scope for progression through options like becoming a supervisor, joining the recruitment team or applying for the occassional full and part time vacancies within the office that come up.
Unlike many other stewarding companies, we offer a wide range of staff benefits including 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays), company sick pay scheme, Contributory Pension Scheme, Contributory Healthcare Scheme and others.
You will be responsible for ensuring the safety and security of customers at busy events by providing a high visibility security presence. You will be responsible for protecting the security and safety of the buildings and personnel. You will carry out duties at busy public events ensuring duties are carried out in a professional manner and that the events are safe and compliant.
Main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Respond promptly and efficiently to any call made by control in relation to crowd disturbances.
- SIA Hospitality roles
- Deal with crowd disruptions (sometimes physical removals/extractions)
- Robust response when required.
- Body and Bag searches if required.
- Monitor crowd movements and behaviour to identify potential issues or incidents and to take action to resolve as necessary.
- To ensure that the secured zones within the venue remain free of prohibited and restricted items.
- To follow protocol when dealing with alarms/incidents which require escalating to the next level.