- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: EUR0137B
The Senior Analyst for Revenue Accounting will assume responsibility for coordinating and delivering the day to day processes that will ensure smooth running of the Revenue Accounting function within Hilton's UK Centre of Excellence. Working with the Team Lead Revenue Accounting supporting the delivery of the function strategy and goals surrounding the processes involved in the delivery of accurate and timely reporting for approx. 60+ hotels.
Under the guidance of the Team Lead Revenue Accounting, the post holder will be responsible for the delivery of Revenue Accounting processes to agreed timetable and Service Level Agreement. The Senior Analyst will ensure Hilton's Centre of Excellence offers a seamless, efficient and customer focused experience which maximizes on output without compromising the quality of service. The ability to recognise how to maximise process efficiency and effectiveness is considered essential. The Senior Analyst will work with the team to support the delivery of change programmes which will involve maximising the benefits available to a best-in-class service.
You will participate and play a part in engendering a sense of empowerment in the pursuit of first class service, supporting the delivery of Revenue Accounting strategies and the team activities on a day-to-day basis; this will require a meticulous attention to detail, the ability to understand and interpret business metrics within the Revenue arena and make recommendations where appropriate. They will also support the review of Revenue Accounting Service Level Agreements (SLA's), assisting with the refinement and ongoing monitoring to ensure that agreed service delivery metrics are met or exceeded.
What will I be doing?
• Following direction and guidance from management, carry out and co-ordinate all required Revenue Accounting related tasks. Completing in a timely and efficient manner whilst working toward the successful achievement of goals and KPIs
• Identify and implement process improvements where necessary, after discussion and agreement with management.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of the end to end processes in all areas of Revenue Accounting responsibility, supporting the confident delivery of solutions and responses to queries
• Support the delivery of relevant metrics to support the team activities and drive improvement across the business
• Assist in the coordination with 3rd party service providers (outsourcing provider, auditors, valuation specialists, financial printer, software vendors) to ensure all necessary information is compiled, reviewed and approved
• Work with the locations and other functions to monitor and resolve queries and escalated items, ensuring the required collection cycles are maintained
• Ensure all monthly closing and reporting activities are carried out as per guidelines and deadlines.
• Coordinate and operate the revenue accounting processes to ensure consistency and control of the revenue reporting
• Ensure all balancing activities are performed and meet the needs of the business
• Carry out analytical reviews and process approved adjustments based on identified variances, preparing a summary report of the balancing outcomes
• Compile the management pack for management review and approval and hotel validation
• Perform variance analyses, evaluation, analysis of business performance and ad-hoc reporting requests and recommend actions to meet Hilton financial objectives
• Report results to others to explain and decipher findings
• Process Revenue Accounting policy and procedure updates and communicate changes to relevant Team Members, Management and locations
• Provide UK regulations, statutory requirements and internal control guidance to team members
• Serve as Revenue Accounting liaison for hotels and other corporate functions in relation to all Revenue Accounting activities
• Carry out all Revenue Accounting processes and validation activities, ensuring all accounting is accurately and timely recorded
• Completion of Balance Sheet Reconciliations, resolving reconciling items on a timely basis in line with policy and ensuring any ageing is appropriately explained.
• Complete tasks in compliance with required SOX controls, with peer reviews in place to test controls within the team. Highlight to Manager any potential issues in advance with recommendations for changes to controls where required
• Research and respond to information requests from internal departments and management
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to work with limited supervision, using own initiative with ‘can-do' approach, thriving under pressure in a fast paced environment.
• Able to handle multiple demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities
• Solid understanding of accounting principles and GAAP
• Good technical skills and strong exposure to general ledger accounting and reconciliations
• Ability to use multiple systems and understand how they link together, to provide training to other team members and recommendations to management
• Ability to exercise sound judgment, critical thinking, quantitative & qualitative analytical skills and decision making skills to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to provide recommendations for optimal solutions
• Strong inter-personal skills and able to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients with well-developed written and verbal communication and comprehension skills
• Good knowledge of finance modules of an ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft
• Ability to identify financial issues, recommend and execute mitigating actions
• Ability to incur some travel as part of the job
• Previous experience of working within a Shared Service Centre / Centre of Excellence environment
• Hospitality industry experience
• Educated up to a High School standard or equivalent
• BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• Intermediate/final stages of recognised professional accounting body certification/qualification
• Previous experience within a supervisory position
Check Out Similar Jobs
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.