- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Operations
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 71676
Join us in Edinburgh as an AML Operations Manager
- This role will see you devising and implementing an AML strategy, as well as providing support to stakeholders on matters regarding AML related issues
- You'll be investigating any potential money laundering activity, identifying risks and common trends
- This is a high profile role in which you'll significantly impact the safety of the bank and our customers
What you'll do
You'll be leading, motivating and challenging a dedicated team in the execution of AML related activities. You'll be ensuring an effective daily management strategy is implemented, and all SLAs are achieved. Working with senior stakeholders, you'll be responsible for ensuring an appropriate level of investigation has been carried out when risk has been identified. You'll also be ensuring the correct information is documented to support recommendations concluded as a result of each investigation.
As well as this, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing expert guidance regarding a variety of AML scenarios, working parties or incident management groups
- Identifying opportunities for the business to improve processes and reduce risk
- Proactively supporting the implementation of change initiatives into the team, ensuring adherence with the necessary change governance.
- Championing and challenging the quality of risk management and control
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with key franchise stakeholders, arranging and chairing meetings where appropriate to strengthen these relationships
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with the ability to lead a high profile business area and drive performance objectives. You'll ideally have an understanding of the policies, strategies, plans and processes that impact the bank in respect of the identification of AML, and you'll have excellent stakeholder management skills.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Strong influencing skills
- An awareness of AML issues both within RBS and at industry level
- Fantastic planning and organising abilities
- Leadership skills and experience coaching others
- Experience working in a change environment and the ability to work under pressure
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.