Join us in Edinburgh as Head of Performance Insights
- This influential role will see you leading the development of Performance Insights in Personal & Business Banking MI, undertaking deep dives into complex strategic themes to produce insights that drive action
- You'll lead, motivate and manage the team to attract, retain and develop a team of world class data scientists
- You'll have the opportunity to collaborate with senior leaders, providing thought leadership in data-driven decisions and algorithmic decisioning
- This is an autonomous and flexible role, and one in which you'll have the opportunity to significantly develop your specialist skills
What you'll do
As Head of Performance Insights you’ll help us discover the information hidden in the vast amounts of data we have, helping us make smarter decisions to deliver the goals of RBS. You’ll proactively source data from a variety of sources and analyse it to help the business understand more about performance and identify opportunities. You will design, develop and deploy cutting edge data visualisations that will allow our customers to make true data driven decisions and design algorithmic solutions that augment business decision-making with data-intelligence.
You’ll help performance track many of the key initiatives across the Personal & Business Banking business including customer journey management, behavioural insights, customer distribution strategy, digital banking, Open Banking and strategic programme impact analysis.
As well as this, you’ll also:
- Use your knowledge of bank systems, products and data to provide accurate predictions and insight that will be used to make business decisions
- Pioneer new concepts and approaches within data to build new capabilities that change the way the organisation thinks
- Develop the team's technical capabilities in cutting-edge data science
- Deploy machine learning and algorithms to enhance customer analytics and modelling insights
- Lead team in turning raw data into useful algorithms and advanced insights applying behavioural economics and nudge techniques to augment the performance of the UK frontline network
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a creative thinker and problem solver who works well individually and as part of a team, and is comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment. You'll need to be an intelligent and pragmatic analyst, with a strong passion for data and data methodologies. We'll also expect:
- A degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or a similar discipline, or the equivalent knowledge gained through experience
- Advanced applied statistics skills, including topics such as distributions, statistical testing, and regression
- Proven experience of translating data driven insights into recommendations and actions
- The ability to collaborate and influence at all levels, with a well established knowledge of the banking industry
- The ability to engage a varied audience, to distil data and to tell its story
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.