Join us in Manchester as a Privacy Manager
- Joining us as a Privacy Manager, you'll be supporting with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the new Data protection legislation that is being introduced early next year
- You'll predominately responsible for providing bank wide global support capabilities and to become an subject matter expert, to ensure that legislation and regulation under the new European Data Protection Regulation is correctly implemented
What you'll do
You'll provide subject matter expertise for policy, legislation and regulation applicable across Services. We'll look to you to understand the implications and impact for Services of the new European Union General Data Protection Regulation, to be implemented by quarter 2, 2018.
Your deliverables will be to:
- Support the build, implementation and management of the regulatory, conduct and control framework, facilitating adherence to regulation and policy and challenging the business unit executive on its effective implementation
- Develop regulatory risk opinion and recommendations to support ongoing improvements to business compliance and the regulatory risk profile
- Ensure regulation and P&CC policy compliance, by supporting the Policy Implementation Responsible Lead (PIRL) and Accountable Executive (AE) in discharging the responsibilities of their roles
- Nurture effective relationships with stakeholders including Legal, 2nd Line Of Defence, Risk, Internal Audit and Policy Owner(Legal Privacy) to support the timely, effective and efficient delivery of all issues, projects and initiatives
- Support the Services Privacy Lead Manager in delivering the RBS privacy strategy
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll be either Privacy qualified, or will hold an appropriate legal qualification. You'll also need to have Data protection and an understanding of GDPR. Banking experience would be an advantage, but isn't essential.
You'll also need:
- Strong abilities in interpreting and applying UK P&CC law, regulations and practice
- Good knowledge of Services and RBS structures and the commercial environment within which we operate
- A strong track record of stakeholder engagement and management
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- An ability to business objectives are achieved through effective influencing of internal stakeholders
- An ability to support and influence others
- A proven ability to think strategically and influence key stakeholders
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.