Join us as a Senior Fraud Analyst in Edinburgh
- You'll manage the analysis of complex fraud data to identify issues and opportunities across all Personal & Business Banking (PBB) channels to protect our customers and the business
- There are opportunities for career development, as you could go on to work with a variety of different stakeholders, and within several areas across our Fraud function
What you'll do
You'll review how fraud strategies are performing by looking at new fraud trends and the risk to the bank, and making sure the strategies are amended accordingly. You'll also look at MI to monitor how systems are performing.
Additionally, your role will involve:
- Supporting the implementation of new fraud detection tools and systems, making sure we have optimum controls in place
- Building and maintaining collaborative partnerships with key business stakeholders
- Working closely with other analysts across the team
- Collecting, profiling and mapping data to help protect customers
- Providing high quality analytical input to support the development and implementation of innovative processes and problem resolution
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with exceptional numerical and analytical skills, along with experience in SQL or SAS. Knowledge of retail bank systems, and fraud and strategy systems would be ideal, but is not essential.
You'll also bring:
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Astute attention to detail
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.