Join us in Edinburgh in the role of Service Specialist, Storage Backup
- You'll challenge your skills, help multi-regional colleagues and support our new and old technology
- This is a fantastic opportunity to touch every aspect of the backup's data - from Operating Systems to Storage, Databases and Networks
- You'll be able to work flexibly from home one or two days per weeks depending on the positions of the rest of the team to make sure there is always office coverage
What you'll do
You'll be taking on a lead role in change and support, and you'll provide technical leadership and direction in low level component design, implementation, technical change and support of IT systems. By collaborating and influencing colleagues and stakeholders across the bank, as well as third party suppliers, you'll ensure that recommendations are in line with the overall Technology Services, Business Services and RBS policies.
Day to day in your role, you'll be:
- A central point of customer contact and third level support, providing specialist knowledge to the incident management and request fulfilment processes
- Recognised as a subject matter expert in one or more technology platforms
- Providing analysis on incident trends to facilitate incident volume reduction
- Providing support on technology based services to the banks end user community, including defining end to end processes and toolsets
The skills you'll need
As a Senior Service Analyst for Storage Backup, you'll be able to draw on the following technical skills:
- VERITAS NetBackup
- EMC Legato NetWorker
- EMC Data Domain
- Unix -Linux
- CA Autosys Scheduler
It would also be ideal, but not necessary, if you had the following technical skills:
- EMC Avamar
- PERL ScriptingArchive / Migration products - such as Enterprise Vault
- An understanding of SAN / NAS
- Windows Platforms - NT4 through Windows 2012
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.