Join us as Legal Counsel in Edinburgh
- We're looking for an experienced professional with Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) expertise, in this valuable opportunity to join a specialist legal team in a niche and fast paced arena
- You'll enjoy significant scope as you have an integral part to play in ensuring the effective delivery of corporate law and transactional advice and support across the bank and in the face of a constantly changing regulatory and business landscape
- As a function RBS Legal supports and advises the bank on a variety of legal, regulatory and reputational matters - these include ensuring we comply with laws and regulations in all the countries we operate in, minimising legal, regulatory and reputational risk, as well as providing expert legal support to the many businesses across RBS
What you'll do
You'll be supporting in driving delivery of legal strategy with responsibility for providing sound and timely corporate law and transactional legal advice across the bank. This will include in relation to structuring, negotiating and executing the bank’s own-account M&A transactions, executing corporate re-organisation projects, managing the bank’s legal, regulatory and reputational execution and tail risks on deals and re-organisations, in relation to the bank's own equity capital raising and restructuring transactions, and other corporate projects.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders including senior management and regulators, and colleagues from across the business, RBS Legal and other functions to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of transactions, projects and initiatives
- Alongside ensuring the provision of legal advice and support in the aforementioned areas, consider questions of disclosure from time to time and contribute to the bank's responses to governmental and other consultations
The skills you'll need
As a qualified solicitor or barrister, you'll have an expert knowledge of UK corporate law and public and private M&A practice. Along with a strong commercial awareness, your background will include significant experience in the financial services industry and a detailed knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment and issues within which the bank operates.
You'll bring to the table excellent stakeholder management skills, and the ability to establish credibility and develop strong working relationships.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.