This vacancy is no longer advertised
PCV Mechanic - Bannockburn
Salary - £25,974
- To diagnose and carry out vehicle repairs, servicing and parts replacement in accordance with Central Engineering Standard Operating Procedures.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Vehicle fault diagnostics and repair.
- To fully comply with all HS & E legislation along with Group policies.
- To fully comply with all relevant Engineering SOPs.
- To provide guidance to other staff as required.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and superiors.
- Maintain and develop technical skills as required.
Technical Knowledge and Training
Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2).
- To be fully conversant with the overhaul and repair of vehicle systems including engines, automatic/semi-automatic gearboxes, drive trains, compressed air systems, hydraulic systems, braking systems, steering systems, suspension systems, cooling systems and basic auto electrics.
- To be fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment including brake rolling road testers, tracking gauges, hydraulic vehicle lifts, pressurised oil and waste systems, battery chargers and starters, trolley jacks, scaffolding, pressure wash and automatic washing equipment, digital smoke readers, headlamp alignment testers, hydraulic jacks and testing equipment, drilling machines, torque wrenches, pedestal grinders and general portable equipment (i.e. air guns, drills, electric and pneumatic hand tools etc..).
- To be fully familiar with all relevant diagnostic equipment including hydraulic flow meters, air and vacuum gauges, multi meters, temperature gauges, micrometers, Vernier gauges, engine and gearbox laptop testing equipment.
- To have basic skills in gas and electric welding, burning, and basic body repairs.
- To attend vehicle manufacturer product training courses, VOSA vehicle inspection training and specialist vehicle recovery training as required, this may involve an overnight stay.
- Must be in the possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence if required.
For a full job description, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.