What do Thales Land and Air Systems do?
Thales teams deliver cutting-edge solutions to armed forces the world over. We are Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics and a leading provider of integrated air defence systems. But our people don’t just work with incredibly advanced technology. The armoured vehicles we build can resist the full force of improvised explosive devices, while our avionics solutions control some of the world’s most iconic military aircraft. Together, our people make the world safer.
Due to high demand and project wins the Through Life Support Engineering (TLSE) function require four Technical Support Engineers to work within their Technical Services team based in Glasgow. TLSE consolidates their Through Life Support approach to help business segments respond effectively to changing customer requirements. This could include reduction of total cost of ownership, increased reliability and performance, and capability-based contracting. The key purpose of the Technical Support Engineer is to provide technical support to the end user and customer, undertaking technical tasks and providing professional answers and advice to technical queries.
- Be the primary point of contact for customer technical queries, technical advice on modification standards, component part numbers, and support equipment.
- Be the primary point of contact for Thales for Project FSRs.
- Ensure fault investigation actions are undertaken.
- Address technical concession requests.
- Provide support to internal and external progress reporting.
- Provide technical data and analysis to support the DRACAS process.
- Co-ordinate or undertake technical support activities at Customer/User sites.
- Identify Technical Publications update requirements.
- Co-ordinate requests for validation and issue of Technical Instructions.
- Support or represent Project Management at customer progress and management reviews.
- Attend, support and facilitate Team Meetings.
- Participate in training development and planning activities.
- Conform to Company quality procedures and standard practices.
- Ensure that any product safety requirements are not compromised by work carried out.
- Adhere to company and local health and safety procedures and maintain vigilance within the workplace to ensure that the working environment remains safe at all times.
- It is essential that this individual has a background in Electronics and possesses a deep electronic technical knowledge. One of the key focuses will be ensuring minimal down time on the manufacturing line. Should the line go down the Technical Support Engineer will analyse the problem down to board level and come up with a solution.
- A background working with complex electrical or electronics products.
- Experience in Test Engineering or have a production or product support background.
- HNC, HND, degree or equivalent in electronics or electrical engineering.
- Someone confident in their knowledge and ability and able to put themselves forward to provide excellent customer support.
- Be Eligible to obtain SC level security clearance.
- Able to travel to other Thales sites in the UK and occasionally overseas if required (prior notice will be given for such trips).
If you have a deep technical understanding of electrical or electronics engineering and you’re interested in working on complex products then this position would be ideal for you.