The School of Nursing and Midwifery at Robert Gordon University are seeking a Senior Lecturer/Reader to lead research with national and/or international impact and profile. You will contribute to teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level; supervise postgraduate research students; and undertake management and leadership duties commensurate with the role in the School of Nursing and Midwifery with a particular focus on REF 2021.
For a confidential discussion about the opportunity please contact Ian Jeffcott on tel: +44 (0) 1824 705731 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please do not apply direct from this site**
A Disclosure Scotland check will be requested for the successful applicant. For more information, visit: http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk
Salary on first appointment is normally to the bottom of the scale, although in exceptional circumstances an appointment further up the scale may be considered.
Closing date: 25 February 2018
Key Responsibilities are to
1. Lead and manage a research theme and team in long term conditions, palliative and end of life care, including supervision of research students and management of staff, ensuring the highest standards of ethics and integrity in research.
2. Lead collaborative research projects as appropriate to the research theme with national and international partners.
3. Attract external funding to support research activity in collaboration with other Universities or organisations as appropriate to the research theme.
4. Maintain a regular output of high quality research which is published in leading research journals and national/international conferences or other outputs as appropriate to the discipline.
5. Present research at national and/or international conferences and other appropriate events.
6. Contribute to the development and implementation of research strategies in the School.
7. Engage effectively in non-academic impact of research, including knowledge or technology exchange and/or public engagement activities, involving a range of partnerships internally and with external organisations.
8. Undertake specific leadership roles in the School e.g. Principal Supervisor, and contribute to institutional committees and working parties.
9. Deliver an appropriate range of effective and inclusive teaching and learning activities.
10. Represent the Department in external relations as required.
11. Foster and develop internal or external networks of benefit to the School and University.
12. Identify sources of funding and lead the process of application.
13. Manage research project budgets and other resources.
14. Contribute to research governance issues.
15. Undertake continuous personal and professional development which contributes to knowledge and skills within the subject area.
16. Comply with University policies relating to health and safety, equality of opportunity and data management.
17. Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time commensurate with the grade.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
PhD or equivalent in relevant discipline
UG degree in relevant discipline or equivalent qualification/experience
Knowledge and Experience
Evidence of supervising at least two doctoral students to successful completion
Experience in providing research leadership
Excellent record of publications in peer-reviewed journals at a national and international level
Strong record of research funding as appropriate to the discipline
Depth and breadth of understanding of subject matter at a complex conceptual level
Up to date knowledge of content and methods of teaching and /or supporting learning including the value and use of learning technologies
Ability to provide academic leadership
Ability to articulate a research vision and strategy for development, implementation and delivery of successful research projects
Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills
Excellent interpersonal skills, communication style and team working
Evidence of positive working relationships within the University, community, and other partners
Commitment to excellence in research and teaching and to providing the highest quality experience for students
Commitment to working within professional and ethical codes of conduct
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
Membership of professional body
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.