Jobs & Business Glasgow (JBG) Rising Stars Childcare is the second largest provider of childcare in Glasgow. We provide friendly, professional childcare delivered in the heart of Glasgow’s communities.
An opportunity has arisen, within Rising Stars Childcare, for an Information Officer. The postholder will report directly to the Strategic Operations Manager and will be responsible for providing high quality administration support for all our childcare services.
The postholders will be required to:
• Support and maintain Parenta, the online database capturing all relevant data which is utilised by childcare management.
• Input and maintain information on Glasgow City Council’s Nursery Administration Management System (NAMS) database, for childcare locations.
• Provide general administrative support such as maintaining office systems, producing documents, diary management, minute taking, reports and presentations.
For further information about the role please see the job description.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate:
• An HNC in a relevant subject or extensive experience in Information Management and / or business administration, alongside knowledge of childcare organisational requirements.
• Experience in dealing with the public both by telephone and face to face, with a wide range of people in various situations.
• Organisational skills and ability to work in busy, demanding environment.
• Working within a team and using own initiative.
This position requires membership to the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme (Children).
This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland) Amendment Order 2015. A full list of convictions that must always be disclosed and convictions that should be disclosed subject to rules is available on the Disclosure Scotland website: www.disclosurescotland.co.uk
Jobs & Business Glasgow is a Disability Confident (Level 2) employer and encourages applications from disabled applicants.
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054. Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request. Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.Further Information
For further information about working for us please refer to our website Working for us
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk