- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 70996
Join us in Belfast, Brighton or Edinburgh as a Business Analyst
- If you're seeking a role where no two days will be the same, join us as Business Analyst, Root Cause, within Data Transformation where you'll gain the opportunity to work across the full breadth of our franchises
- You'll gain a deep understanding of our bank's data needs, liaising across teams to implement solutions, achieving excellent exposure with us as you develop
- In Data & Analytics, we have the task of pulling all of the bank's data into a single version of the truth, and our brief has been set by the highest levels of authority in the bank
What you'll do
You'll be working across the bank’s functions and franchises to undertake root cause analysis into data quality issues, identifying solutions to ensure our data is of high quality, and fit for purpose and within agreed time scales. This will include where key progress checkpoints are established, monitored, and controlled.
In your role, we'll look to you to:
- Undertake a variety of business analysis activities to support project delivery
- Understand the problem statement and create the Project Initiation Document (PID) for the project
- Undertake analysis and identify the root cause of the problem with consideration of key data elements, golden sources of data, business outcomes, processes and systems
- Summarise and present analysis output, providing options and recommendations where appropriate
- Ensure solutions are fit for purpose and deliver against business and programme requirements, adhering to controls set out in the Data Management policy
- Identify opportunities and quick wins applicable across the bank, to maximise income generation and budget efficiency
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with previous experience in a business change environment - preferably within financial services - with specific knowledge of data quality and data management processes and issues. You'll need a good understanding of business analysis or project management methodology and its practical application. You'll also need to be able to demonstrate excellent stakeholder management abilities. Your understanding and knowledge of bank wide internal processes and systems is vital.
We're also looking for:
- Excellent MS Office skills and ideally, experience in business process redesign and operating model definition
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the proven ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels
- The ability to see the bigger picture, understanding where activities are inter-related and ensuring dependencies are clear and appropriately managed
- The ability to be adaptable and flexible to new work requests and demanding priorities
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.