Title: Store Manager
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
Optical Express surgeons have performed over 1 million refractive surgery procedures worldwide. In a recent survey of 252,179 Optical Express patients, over 99% told us they would recommend us to their family and friends. Globally, our ophthalmic surgeons have a combined surgical experience of over 1,000 years practising ophthalmology and over 700 years performing refractive surgery. Every year in the UK, more than double the number of patients trust Optical Express to perform their laser eye surgery than any other provider. In a study completed in September 2014 of 336,381 Optical Express patients with the most common prescriptions we treat, over 99% achieved 20/20 vision or better following treatment.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join Optical Express as one of our Store Managers. Managing a team of individuals within the store, you will be customer facing and will work to challenging but attainable targets.
Responsible for the operational efficiency of the store; a key part of your role will be developing your team to deliver on sales, not only with Laser Eye Surgery and IOL procedures, but also with selling the benefits of purchasing glasses or contact lenses with Optical Express compared to their current provider.
The ideal candidate may have a proven track record within a store management background from a sales / Retail and/or Healthcare sector. The successful candidate will have a strong working knowledge of a commercial sales environment and possess excellent customer focus skills coupled with an ability to generate sales. You will need to have robust analytical skills and be able to provide resolutions to problems that you may encounter.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- All customers are required to be engaged within the first 2 minutes or sooner
- All staff are to promote the benefits of laser eye surgery, IOL, Contact Lens and Glasses to all customers/ patients with passion, enthusiasm and the highest level of product knowledge
- To ensure that the levels of professionalism, customer care, product knowledge and selling skills of all staff within the Clinic meet or exceed the Company standard in order to sell effectively and meet customer needs
- To effectively and efficiently manage resources (staff / products) to meet customer demands and peak times of trading
- To minimize the occurrence of customer complaints through improved customer care and quality of service. To resolve any complaints quickly, efficiently and professionally and to retain customer loyalty
- To ensure that at all times the Clinic is presentable and maintains the highest standards of tidiness and cleanliness and promotes the professional image of Optical Express
- All Patient record files to be completed and filed as per Company best practice
- To recruit, induct, coach & support the team to ensure that all staff within the Clinic meet the acceptable levels of knowledge and competence
- To promote team work between the professional, clinical and the retail teams
- To develop and maintain effective communication networks with other locations within the Region and also at Head Office, in order to identify and maximise opportunities and drive the business
- To be responsible for all aspects of Health and Safety for the Clinic and its employees and to ensure that all guidelines and legal requirements are upheld
- To follow all company guidelines and best practice
- To ensure adherence to all company policy / procedure and relevant legislation in all areas of work
- Administrative duties such as stock ordering & stock checking
- To maximise conversion opportunities with the patients to our premier treatments in both refractive and optical products
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge on all products and associated key features and benefits
- To keep accurate Patient records and to manage, engage and convert suitable patients who did not book the procedure on the day
- To ensure the Clinic team influences and advises potential patients on the most suitable and appropriate solution for their needs
- Experience as a Store/Retail/Clinic Manager
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Adaptable with a flexible approach to work
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- Articulate and presentable
- Good experience of Microsoft office and outlook
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to negotiate & influence outcomes
- Demonstrate confidentiality, integrity and discretion
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and well presented
- The ability to multi-task
- A proven track record of developing a team through performance management
- Optical Experience
- Degree-educated or degree-calibre
- Determination to succeed and overall career ambition
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global organisation where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop within a professional working environment.
Optical Express is an equal opportunities employer
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.