Scott Logic builds large-scale, bespoke, business-critical systems for some of the world’s most high-profile organisations. The business is expanding and we’re in need of people with experience of application or solution architecture to join our team of passionate and talented developers, creating complex software solutions across demanding business sectors.
You will have a demonstrable passion for technology with experience of building enterprise systems, evaluating existing IT systems and advising on technology choices. You should be comfortable solving complex technical problems and presenting proposals to prospective clients.
You’ll be surrounded by smart, highly-capable people in a collaborative environment that encourages the sharing of knowledge and experience. You’ll be as passionate as we are about doing software engineering right, and ultimately delivering great solutions to our clients. We follow an Agile approach with solid development practices, using a wide range of modern technologies depending on the requirements of each project, including C#, Java, Scala, Node, Angular, Knockout and React.
This is a hands on, client-facing role which combines deep technical knowledge with the ability to clearly communicate technical matters.
You should have:
- A relevant university degree
- Strong commercial experience with enterprise-level systems
- Strong technical expertise in a range of technologies, including one or more of:
- C# and/or Java
- The ability to manage clients and advise on technology choices and system improvements
- The ability to build prototypes demonstrating technical choices
- Experience of helping people build and deliver high-quality applications by:
- evaluating IT systems
- overseeing application-level design decisions
- helping solve architecture-level problems
- Excellent communication skills
- A real passion and interest in technology
- Experience of using Agile development methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- The ability to think on your feet
- A willingness to travel with occasional overnight stays required within the UK and abroad
- A deep knowledge in some technical area such as:
- Microsoft stack
- Java stack
- HTML5 development ecosystem
- Big data
- Enterprise integration patterns
- Service-oriented architecture
- Infrastructure setup and monitoring
For an informal chat about this position or any other opportunity, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for vacancy
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.