- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Financial Advice
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 71840
Join us as Financial Control Manager in Edinburgh
- You'll be part of a team responsible for financial control activity for a specific business area
- You'll be delivering to customers at all levels, offering you excellent exposure in this role
- This is a change to broaden your financial control expertise
- This role is offered on a 12 month secondment basis
What you'll do
You'll work within a team who are responsible for the delivery of financial control activity for the business area supported across both the Financial Control or Hub teams within the Global Finance Services (GFS).
You'll deliver to customers across Finance areas, including Financial Control and Business Intelligence. You'll provide detailed advice to shape the strategy and operating model for financial control. Here, you'll establish and maintain the trust and confidence of key customers and stakeholders. You'll also provide guidance on the process to make sure process control and risk management is in place, and you'll perform a detailed review and challenge of output from other areas.
Your role will also involve:
- Responsibility to deliver monthly, quarterly and annual financial information
- Providing second level analytical review, challenge and analysis
- Negotiating the delivery of both business as usual and ad hoc work
- Supporting and managing finance projects
- Proactively establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with key customers and stakeholders across GFS
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a fully qualified accountant with exceptional communication skills.
You'll also bring:
- Some post qualification experience gained in a Finance environment, preferably in the financial services industry
- Experience of working in an environment where managing tight deadlines and key finance deliverables
- The ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships in a changing environment
- A track record of taking ownership and working under your own initiative
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.