- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 69703
We're looking for a Lead Engineer to join our ServiceNow Product team in Edinburgh
- This is a key role in a new team whose services are in high demand from the organisation
- The team's objectives are aligned to the banks’ long term strategic goals we have a growing product backlog and defined roadmap for the next few years
- You'll be joining an area where personal development and learning is actively encouraged, with team members having recently attended Knowledge17, NowForum, IT500 and ServiceNow user groups across the country, as well as specialist seminars
What you'll do
The ServiceNow Product team are a new team with exposure to all of the bank's customer facing franchises, delivering solutions on the new ServiceNow SaaS platform. We change rapidly and use SCRUM Agile to deliver regular incremental improvements for our customers. You'll be joining a supportive and engaged team culture which is open to new ideas and experiences. As Lead Engineer, key aspects of your role will include
- Engineering software solutions for our product stakeholders
- Working in collaboration with architects and business analyst on software design
- Acting as a member of SCRUM team, taking responsibility for any tasks assigned to you and assisting other team members
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone who's certified in ServiceNow system administration, with experience scripting in ServiceNow and with advanced system administration skills. You should have proven experience working in a ServiceNow role in a large organisation – preferably in financial services – and of delivering high quality results, giving you deep knowledge and understanding of ServiceNow products and solutions. You'll be a certified application developer, and will have good iTIL knowledge, with foundation v3 desirable. We'll also expect:
- Deep knowledge of software development lifecycle practices
- Good Agile knowledge and experience of working in SCRUM teams
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- A self-starting approach, with strong organisational skills and high self-motivation
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.