- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 72312
We're hiring an Infrastructure Analyst to join us in Edinburgh
- This infrastructure management role is a chance to support two important platforms; the mortgage toolkit used by our frontline colleagues, and the analytical toolset
- You'll be joining a department with a wealth of interesting activity taking place, and great opportunities for stakeholder engagement and personal development
- You'll enjoy lots of variety, and if you have a real interest in the application of new technologies you'll find yourself in an excellent position
What you'll do
This broad role will task you with using a range of toolsets to look after the infrastructure stability of the mortgage toolkit and analytics toolset platforms. You'll use your creativity to come up with solutions for the platforms, and will gain exposure to cloud based technologies, as we iterate for future functionality. The key aspects of the role include:
- Using your knowledge and creativity to identify and deliver solutions for platform issues
- Carrying out batch management and incident recovery for the platforms you're responsible for
- Understanding and supporting the ways future technologies can impact the platform and future infrastructure
The skills you'll need
To be suitable for this role you should have a good technical background and capability, with experience of batch scheduling. You should have a history of using SAS platforms, and ideally SQL. Unix would also be welcome, but if you don't have experience we'll teach you what you need to know. It would also be useful to have experience of:
- AWS (amazon web services) cloud solutions
- Agile working, including scrums
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.