- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 71353
Join us as a Network Engineer in Edinburgh
- Enjoy a key role where you'll provide technical leadership and governance on maintaining Network Services' technology portfolio across Network Security
- It's an opportunity to drive technological direction and support an engineering function within a large financial organisation
- You'll be exposed to diverse and innovative technology, and you'll contribute to improvement initiatives
What you'll do
You'll be looking at an outsourced platform, managing Networks, including Network Security. Building a relationship with the third party supplier for the platform, you'll manage governance, service level agreements, risk and technical governance. You'll also play a key part in looking at the strategy and future engineering plans.
Your role will involve:
- Working on new projects and providing technical consultation on how these would work
- Collaborating with engineers to implement new projects and technologies against the engineering service catalogue, for example, implementing a new data centre
- Managing any major incidents that cannot be resolved by the third party supplier
- Keeping the service catalogue up to date, looking after the lifecycle management of the engineering team and helping from an operational standpoint
The skills you'll need
It's essential that you have strong technical knowledge, and you'll need technical experience of Network Security. You'll have a technical engineering background, and have previously worked in a data centre. It would be beneficial if you have some financial services experience.
We'll also look to you to bring:
- Supplier relationship management experience
- Experience of managing outsourced partners, including contracts and technical governance, ideally
- Proven people or team leadership skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.