- Sector: Engineering and Technical
- Specialism: Transportation
- Location: Aberdeen, Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: ejrwz
Based in the Firm’s office in Edinburgh, the Transportation Director will lead in the day-to-day management and growth of a dedicated small team; liaising with other transportation teams currently based in offices in Newcastle, Aberdeen and Leeds.
The workload undertaken by the Traffic & Transportation Team primarily involves private sector projects and the preparation of Transport Assessments and Travel Plans in support of planning applications. More recently, services have expanded to include working with urban designers and other professionals in the preparation of Development Frameworks and Masterplans (to support the allocation of sites through the Development Plan process), and in providing inputs to the Environmental Impact Assessment process.
The Transportation Director’s role involves providing effective technical management:-
- Delivering a ‘hands on’ technical role in providing high level advice to clients and multi-disciplinary design teams to secure appropriate innovative designs which are capable of being effectively engineered.
- Overseeing the team’s analysis and reporting process including micro simulation traffic modelling where appropriate.
- Ensuring delivery of outcomes on time and within budget.
- Continuously improving the technical performance of the transportation team.
- Developing the services offer by the transportation team
The role also has key business management and development functions which will require the Transportation Director to;
- Develop and expand the current client base across central Scotland – this is a key requirement for this position and previous demonstrable experience will be required
- Manage and report on the financial performance of the team
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or Transport Planning with appropriate secondary transportation qualification.
- Full membership of an appropriate professional body
- Work winning track record in the private sector, including evidence of development and implementation of a business growth strategy.
- High levels of communication and presentation skills.
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach to working within a team structure.
- Confidence and ability to maximise the level of responsibility taken on projects, small and large.
The role offers an excellent opportunity within a privately owned practice, and to become part of a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients with a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.