An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Contract Accountant in our Finance team, based in our Glasgow office.
G4S, the leading global security and outsourcing group, specialises in outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 120 countries and over 620,000 employees.
Main purpose of the role:
Manage a portfolio of contracts for the business. Lead in the forecasting and reporting for one or more contracts, work in conjunction with the Operational Manager. Complete the monthly management accounts and accompanying trading packs explaining the monthly and year to date variances to budget.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Follow the set processes and procedures to produce the management accounts in a timely manner for a number of key contracts
- Ensure relevant balance sheet accounts are well maintained and properly controlled.
- Managing relationships with Business Partners and Operational Manager
- Control all inputs to be able to produce accurate and detailed contract P+L's
- Work closely with the Operational Managers to drive the monthly forecasting process for their contract, maintaining transparency and accuracy of information
- Ensure necessary Gaps/Bridges are completed for the contract P+L's
- Produce timely and accurate management reporting to support the Operational Managers and Business Partners
- Manage Ad Hoc requests for analysis from the business to support them with their decision making.
- Ensure the necessary contract controls are in place to ensure accurate accounting for the contract
- Work to drive efficiencies and Profit Improvement Plans
- Travel, when required, to client sites to work with the Operational Managers.
- Supporting collation of business risks & opportunities at a business unit level
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.