- Sector: Engineering and Technical
- Specialism: Engineering Management
- Location: Glasgow, Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: y2lmc
Edinburgh and Glasgow
We are looking to recruit a (near) Incorporated or (near) Chartered Civil Engineer with experience in the design development of Trunk Road projects.
- Providing design services (inc calculations, drawings, specifications and reports) as part of the Roads team for the preliminary and detail design phases of a trunk road project.
- Reviewing designs and drawings completed for compliance with design standards and best practice guidance.
- Ensuring work is compliant with Health and Safety legislation such as the CDM Regulations and other applicable codes.
- Preparation of geodetic and geological investigation contract documents.
- Procurement of surveys.
- Providing support to the Project Engineer and other colleagues.
- Mentoring and guiding colleagues.
- Liaison with Clients, Local and Trunk Road Authorities, and other relevant third parties.
- Develop skills to progress towards Chartered / Incorporated Status.
Qualifications / Experience:
- The candidate should have a degree in Civil Engineering with a minimum of five years experience in Trunk Road scheme design development and be either progressing towards Chartered / Incorporated status or be Chartered/ Incorporated.
- Demonstrable experience of the application of DMRB requirements.
- Knowledge and experience of design development on trunk road projects.
- Good communication skills – oral and written.
- A knowledge and experience of computer based design packages such as MX would be useful but not essential.
- Experience of liaison with client, road authorities and the public in technical forums and at public exhibitions.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative and manage own workload/ deadlines.
The role offers a structured training programme and excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
Please send your CV to clearly stating the position for which you are applying.