- Sector: Medical, Dental and Health Care
- Specialism: Medical and Dental
- Location: London
- Hours: Part Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 18-5920
Title: Medical Secretary
Location: Shaftesbury Avenue - Travel is expected
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Optical Express are looking to recruit an experienced Medical Secretary to provide administrative and ‘hands on' clinic support to the Surgeon and team in accordance with related Optical Express policies and procedures in our Shaftesbury Avenue Clinic. As well as Shaftesbury Avenue there will be travel involved to other locations such as Cambridge and Reading.
Under the direct management of the Surgeon and Surgery Manager, the Medical Secretary will ensure that the necessary administrative tasks are carried out in preparation for surgeon appointments and surgery appointments. You will also be required to undertake an active patient-facing role on surgeon consent clinics and theatre lists.
The role could suit a Medical Secretary looking for full time (with some time spent supporting other Surgeons) or part time at around 3 days a week. A degree of flexibility will be expected for those who opt for a part time position due to the differing days each week you could be asked to work.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Within the role of Medical Secretary you will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Assist the Surgeon in daily administration tasks
- Assist the Surgeon in making Telephone calls
- Communicate outcomes with staff in other locations including HO
- Updating Clinical Records
- Liaising with Surgery Managers and staff in other locations to ensure smooth diary flow
- Contacting patients to discuss upcoming appointments
- Performing Diagnostic screening
- Meeting and greeting patients
- A Background in health care preferred
- A customer care background would be advantageous
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
- Background in optics would be advantageous but not essential
- Computer literate, able to use Microsoft Office/Open Office
- Attention to detail and importance of adhering to agreed standards
- Methodical approach
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
The role necessarily involves the creation, handling, storage, destruction and dissemination of highly confidential information. The carrying out of such tasks is subject to compliance with numerous laws. The successful candidate will be expected to sign a confidentiality agreement and work in accordance with the associated legislation.
The post is subject to a valid DBS check. For more information on DBS data and our policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, please contact our Recruitment Department.
Optical Express surgeons have performed over 1 million refractive surgery procedures worldwide. In a recent survey of 252,179 Optical Express patients, over 99% told us they would recommend us to their family and friends. Globally, our ophthalmic surgeons have a combined surgical experience of over 1,000 years practising ophthalmology and over 700 years performing refractive surgery. Every year in the UK, more than double the number of patients trust Optical Express to perform their laser eye surgery than any other provider. In a study of 184,544 Optical Express patients with the most common prescriptions we treat, 99.2% achieved 20/20 vision or better following treatment.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.